I distinctly remember sitting in a shuttle bus outside Sydney Airport about to commence my semester abroad in Australia, gazing up at the palm trees lining the parking lot, when I made a decision: I would extend my stay and live in Sydney for a full year.
Well, this one was a long time coming. I find myself flashing back to Sydney on a weekly basis, so it’s all too appropriate that I share one such flashback on ye olde blog.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
For the inaugural Flashback Friday post, I think it’s only right to feature the place that still tugs at my heartstrings: Australia (more specifically: Kata Tjuta).
I spent most of 2006 living, studying, and traveling in Australia.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- How To Spend 5 Days In Sydney Australia
- May 2016 Recap: Australia Australia
- Unleashing My Inner Barista In Melbourne Australia
- Trip Planning: EuroTrip 2017 Europe
- At Least 10 Things That Went Wrong In Java Asia
- Chasing Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC USA
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia
- Tips For Traveling With Others When You’re An Introvert Life