I distinctly remember sitting in a shuttle bus outside Sydney Airport about to commence my semester abroad in Australia, gazing up at the palm trees lining the parking lot, when I made a decision: I would extend my stay and live in Sydney for a full year.
Well, this one was a long time coming. I find myself flashing back to Sydney on a weekly basis, so it’s all too appropriate that I share one such flashback on ye olde blog.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
For the inaugural Flashback Friday post, I think it’s only right to feature the place that still tugs at my heartstrings: Australia (more specifically: Kata Tjuta).
I spent most of 2006 living, studying, and traveling in Australia.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Kalalau Trail: Everything You Need To Know Hawaii
- 85 Photos That Will Make You Wanna Jet Off To New York City New York
- Taxes For Expats: US Expat Taxes Made Easy Money
- Brussels, Belgium // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Belgium
- Things of Italy: Photo Highlights From Way Back When Italy
- 4 Big Things Preventing You From Travelling Solo Inspiration
- 2014, Come At Me! Administrative
- Urban Adventures To Try In Shanghai Asia