My first day back in Sydney this past December, about 8 years after leaving it, didn’t quite go as well as I’d imagined it would. Instead of spending it frolicking around the city and ogling Sydney Harbour, I was stuck on a diverted plane at Canberra Airport for 8 hours.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
Regrettably too late into my year studying abroad in Sydney, I discovered Sydney Harbour beyond the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. With over 30 beaches and seemingly infinite panoramic views, Sydney Harbour is a frolicker’s dream and a damn scenic place to swim.
I won’t deny my tendency to over-plan my days and trips. That’s why it was rather out of character for me to hardly plan a thing for my Tasmania trip this past January.
In the 2+ months I’ve been in Australia, I’ve been asked an inordinate number of times whether I miss home. Honestly? No, I don’t really miss my life in New York.
I could feel my blood pressure rising, my muscles tensing up, as we waited impatiently for the bus on Campbell Parade. According to the schedule, two 380’s were supposed to have already passed by.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Down Under Report: Month 6 of 12 Australia
- Cuba // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Insta-Hawaii: Hawaii By Instagram Hawaii
- The Best Splurge In Queenstown: Flying to Milford Sound Flying
- Zion National Park // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- New Hampshire Fall Foliage // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Where To Stay In San Francisco USA
- Trip Planning: Asia 2013 Asia