I was supposed to have made it to Melbourne months ago. Even though I may not have officially declared my intentions in writing, I had it in my mind that I’d spend the bulk of my year on the work and holiday visa in Australia living in Melbourne.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
Behold, the first-ever guest post on Frugal Frolicker! I prefer to keep this blog a space to document my own adventures, but my flatmate/travel buddy/business partner Anna has some incredible travel stories just begging to be shared.
They say Sydney is the city with the best walking tracks. And after tackling most of those along Sydney Harbour myself, I have absolutely zero objections to that claim.
Since I lived in Bondi for two months, I’m obviously partial to the famous Bondi to Coogee coastal walk.
For the rest of my life, I’ll be waxing poetic about “the time I spent two months living in Bondi Beach”. It’s like the lifelong dream I never knew I had.
My first day back in Sydney this past December, about 8 years after leaving it, didn’t quite go as well as I’d imagined it would. Instead of spending it frolicking around the city and ogling Sydney Harbour, I was stuck on a diverted plane at Canberra Airport for 8 hours.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Olympic National Park, Washington // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Sydney vs. Melbourne: The Great Debate Australia
- Lake Maggiore, Switzerland // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Copenhagen Harbor // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Denmark
- Burning Man // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- The Best Things To Do In Sydney Australia
- A Very Unplanned 5 Day Tasmania Roadtrip Australia
- Kayaking The Caves and Islands of Phang Nga Bay, Thailand Asia