I spent the final week of my recent trip to New Zealand in Queenstown, so-called adventure capital of the world. It’s the kind of place that’s stupid-stunning from every angle, which tourism has fully exploited by offering just about every adrenaline-inducing outdoor adventure you can think of.
Browsing: New Zealand
One of the first things I did on my month-long trip through New Zealand was the Tongariro Crossing. Renowned as the best day hike in the country, it takes you on a 12-mile journey through volcanoes, lakes, and a very Mars-like terrain; past active volcano Mt Tongariro, Mt Ngauruhoe, and – most gorgeous of all – the Emerald Lakes.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Is San Francisco My City Soul Mate? California
- I Should Have Skipped the Cu Chi Tunnel Tour in Vietnam Asia
- Brussels, Belgium // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Belgium
- A Year In Australia: What I Spent (& Other Numbers) Annual Recap
- Bye Bye Budget: Why You Should Splurge In Bali Asia
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Bondi to Coogee Australia
- Is It Worth Visiting Cinque Terre In Summer? Europe
- The Top 5 FAQs For Me, Post-Asia 2013 Trip Asia