I spent the final week of my recent trip to New Zealand in Queenstown, so-called adventure capital of the world. It’s the kind of place that’s stupid-stunning from every angle, which tourism has fully exploited by offering just about every adrenaline-inducing outdoor adventure you can think of.
Browsing: New Zealand
One of the first things I did on my month-long trip through New Zealand was the Tongariro Crossing. Renowned as the best day hike in the country, it takes you on a 12-mile journey through volcanoes, lakes, and a very Mars-like terrain; past active volcano Mt Tongariro, Mt Ngauruhoe, and – most gorgeous of all – the Emerald Lakes.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Did I Really Pay $15 to Sit in a Lao Bus’ Luggage Store? Asia
- Must-Read Blogs Before Any India Travel Adventure Asia
- Washington DC Metro // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Bangkok Grand Palace: The Most Beautiful Structure in Thailand Asia
- Insta-Colombia: Colombia By Instagram Colombia
- Death Valley National Park // FLASHBACK FRIDAY California
- Hipmunk Hotels: California Hotels in Beverly Hills, Big Bear Lake, & More USA
- El Questro Gorge Hopping in the Kimberley Australia