I spent the final week of my recent trip to New Zealand in Queenstown, so-called adventure capital of the world. It’s the kind of place that’s stupid-stunning from every angle, which tourism has fully exploited by offering just about every adrenaline-inducing outdoor adventure you can think of.
Browsing: New Zealand
One of the first things I did on my month-long trip through New Zealand was the Tongariro Crossing. Renowned as the best day hike in the country, it takes you on a 12-mile journey through volcanoes, lakes, and a very Mars-like terrain; past active volcano Mt Tongariro, Mt Ngauruhoe, and – most gorgeous of all – the Emerald Lakes.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- A Guide To Bouddi National Park Australia
- Bardarbunga Be Damned, I’m Traveling To Iceland! Europe
- Insta-London: London by Instagram England
- I Saw All The Magnetic Island Beaches Australia
- Offbeat Adventures Off The 7 Train in Queens New York
- Be A Honey Badger! Inspiration
- Where To Go In Australia, And When Australia
- Mont Blanc, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe