I spent the final week of my recent trip to New Zealand in Queenstown, so-called adventure capital of the world. It’s the kind of place that’s stupid-stunning from every angle, which tourism has fully exploited by offering just about every adrenaline-inducing outdoor adventure you can think of.
Browsing: New Zealand
One of the first things I did on my month-long trip through New Zealand was the Tongariro Crossing. Renowned as the best day hike in the country, it takes you on a 12-mile journey through volcanoes, lakes, and a very Mars-like terrain; past active volcano Mt Tongariro, Mt Ngauruhoe, and – most gorgeous of all – the Emerald Lakes.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Hiking Kawah Ijen To See Blue Flames Asia
- June 2016 Recap: Australia, Thailand, Malaysia Monthly Recap
- Capri, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- A Rough Welcome to the Philippines Asia
- A Night At The Great Jack-o-Lantern Blaze New York
- Cat Lovers MUST Stay at Time For Lime! Asia
- Upcoming Travel Plans for Summer 2014 Planning
- Surprise! Lake Argyle is Actually Pretty Rad Australia