In my very biased opinion, the best way to spend a weekend in Sydney is at the beach. Kick back on a sheltered Sydney Harbour beach or battle the waves on an ocean beach – either way, no need to leave the city to have a kick arse weekend.
I’m usually skeptical about things that are uber-popular, but after a good long while of being stubborn I often come around and jump on that bandwagon. Like when I started watching Friends during the 10th and final season, and started reading the Harry Potter books right before Book 7 came out.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
I doubt anyone gets as much enjoyment out of my coffee posts as I do, but on the off chance that a fellow coffee snob happens to be in a city that I’ve written a coffee shop roundup for, someone else may actually read through and appreciate them!
“Three bars! Three bars!” I whooped with glee as we approached Esperance, the first proper town we’d drive through in nearly three days. Alex grabbed his iPhone and feverishly checked messages while maintaining control of the steering wheel in his other hand.
Even though I didn’t 100% love the Overland Track, I’m glad I hiked it and I enjoyed it whenever the weather cooperated.
If you’re thinking of hiking the Overland Track in Tasmania, you should do your research beforehand (unlike me – lesson learned!).
I was supposed to have made it to Melbourne months ago. Even though I may not have officially declared my intentions in writing, I had it in my mind that I’d spend the bulk of my year on the work and holiday visa in Australia living in Melbourne.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Diving Malapascua: Thresher Sharks & My Advanced Open Water Course w/ Evolution Asia
- Recommitting to New York City – and to Happiness Life
- Byron Bay: A Guide To This Aussie Beach Town Australia
- 5 Lessons I’ve Learned from Travel Mistakes I’ve Made Inspiration
- Infiorata: Italy’s Flower Carpet Festival Europe
- A Perfect Day In Udaipur, India Asia
- 5 Reasons To Travel Southeast Asia During Off Season Asia
- Asia 2013 By The Numbers (and the Dollars) Asia