Behold, the first-ever guest post on Frugal Frolicker! I prefer to keep this blog a space to document my own adventures, but my flatmate/travel buddy/business partner Anna has some incredible travel stories just begging to be shared.
For the rest of my life, I’ll be waxing poetic about “the time I spent two months living in Bondi Beach”. It’s like the lifelong dream I never knew I had.
My first day back in Sydney this past December, about 8 years after leaving it, didn’t quite go as well as I’d imagined it would. Instead of spending it frolicking around the city and ogling Sydney Harbour, I was stuck on a diverted plane at Canberra Airport for 8 hours.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
Regrettably too late into my year studying abroad in Sydney, I discovered Sydney Harbour beyond the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. With over 30 beaches and seemingly infinite panoramic views, Sydney Harbour is a frolicker’s dream and a damn scenic place to swim.
I won’t deny my tendency to over-plan my days and trips. That’s why it was rather out of character for me to hardly plan a thing for my Tasmania trip this past January.
In the 2+ months I’ve been in Australia, I’ve been asked an inordinate number of times whether I miss home. Honestly? No, I don’t really miss my life in New York.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Tips For Traveling With Others When You’re An Introvert Life
- Cat Lovers MUST Stay at Time For Lime! Asia
- Spit to Manly Walk | Sydney Harbour Walk Australia
- September 2016 Recap: Australia + Philippines Monthly Recap
- Did I Really Pay $15 to Sit in a Lao Bus’ Luggage Store? Asia
- 12 Things You Must Add To Your Kauai Itinerary Hawaii
- Phillip Island Day Trip Guide For Independent Travelers Australia
- Insta-Chicago: Chicago by Instagram Midwest US