Behold, the first-ever guest post on Frugal Frolicker! I prefer to keep this blog a space to document my own adventures, but my flatmate/travel buddy/business partner Anna has some incredible travel stories just begging to be shared.
For the rest of my life, I’ll be waxing poetic about “the time I spent two months living in Bondi Beach”. It’s like the lifelong dream I never knew I had.
My first day back in Sydney this past December, about 8 years after leaving it, didn’t quite go as well as I’d imagined it would. Instead of spending it frolicking around the city and ogling Sydney Harbour, I was stuck on a diverted plane at Canberra Airport for 8 hours.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
Regrettably too late into my year studying abroad in Sydney, I discovered Sydney Harbour beyond the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. With over 30 beaches and seemingly infinite panoramic views, Sydney Harbour is a frolicker’s dream and a damn scenic place to swim.
I won’t deny my tendency to over-plan my days and trips. That’s why it was rather out of character for me to hardly plan a thing for my Tasmania trip this past January.
In the 2+ months I’ve been in Australia, I’ve been asked an inordinate number of times whether I miss home. Honestly? No, I don’t really miss my life in New York.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Getting Scuba Certified in Koh Tao with La Bombona Asia
- Art is EVERYWHERE in India – Doors Included! Asia
- Kickin’ it in Colorful Cartagena, Colombia Colombia
- A Perfect Day in San Francisco California
- Borobudur At Sunrise: A Travel Dream Come True Asia
- 7 Things To Do In Sydney In Summer (Hint: GET OUTSIDE) Australia
- Boston Skyline // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Infinite Bliss at the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Mexico