“Three bars! Three bars!” I whooped with glee as we approached Esperance, the first proper town we’d drive through in nearly three days. Alex grabbed his iPhone and feverishly checked messages while maintaining control of the steering wheel in his other hand.
Even though I didn’t 100% love the Overland Track, I’m glad I hiked it and I enjoyed it whenever the weather cooperated.
If you’re thinking of hiking the Overland Track in Tasmania, you should do your research beforehand (unlike me – lesson learned!).
I was supposed to have made it to Melbourne months ago. Even though I may not have officially declared my intentions in writing, I had it in my mind that I’d spend the bulk of my year on the work and holiday visa in Australia living in Melbourne.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
Behold, the first-ever guest post on Frugal Frolicker! I prefer to keep this blog a space to document my own adventures, but my flatmate/travel buddy/business partner Anna has some incredible travel stories just begging to be shared.
They say Sydney is the city with the best walking tracks. And after tackling most of those along Sydney Harbour myself, I have absolutely zero objections to that claim.
Since I lived in Bondi for two months, I’m obviously partial to the famous Bondi to Coogee coastal walk.
For the rest of my life, I’ll be waxing poetic about “the time I spent two months living in Bondi Beach”. It’s like the lifelong dream I never knew I had.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Tips For Traveling With Others When You’re An Introvert Life
- April 2016 Recap: New Zealand & Australia Australia
- A Very Melbourne 31st Birthday Australia
- October 2016 Recap: Philippines + Australia Monthly Recap
- Same Ol’ Sydney: Revisiting My Old Stomping Grounds Australia
- How To Stay in Australia Without Marrying An Australian Australia
- Life After Oz: Where To Next? Administrative
- Laugavegur: The Most Beautiful Trek In All The Land Europe