San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego are the most famous and biggest cities in California, but this state has plenty of others worth spending time in. What’s more, basing yourself in a smaller city during your California getaway is a great way to save some money on accommodation and food – that’s extra cash you can put toward a sailing outing or other outdoor adventure on the Cali coast!
New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Here are 50 great outdoor adventures in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:Free Outdoor Adventures in NYC
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway
Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a NYC hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Flying Over Kauai – My First Time In A Helicopter! Flying
- 14 Things I Did Wrong in Asia Asia
- Life After Oz: Where To Next? Administrative
- A Bridge Lover’s Guide to NYC Bridges on the East River New York
- Insta-Thailand: Thailand by Instagram Asia
- Surprise! Lake Argyle is Actually Pretty Rad Australia
- The Down Under Report: Month 3 of 12 Australia
- Desert Adventures in Palm Springs, California // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY California