Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a NYC hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
In April 2010, aka Month #9 of Funemployment after quitting my first-ever corporate job, I took a spontaneous trip out west, flew into Vegas, rented a car, and roadtripped for a week with my old Brooklyn roommate Lauren.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
Where To Stay On Your South Lake Tahoe Holiday Lake Tahoe is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise that’s worth visiting at any time of year. No matter if you’re here to ski or sail, these South Lake Tahoe hotels make for a convenient base for your Tahoe getaway:Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort
The Aston Lakeland Village Beach and Mountain Resort is aptly named, as it is located on the lake and surrounded by the Sierras.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- 10 Life Lessons I Learned Before Turning 30 Inspiration
- Hike Your Arse Off At Aoraki Mt. Cook National Park Hiking
- January 2016 Recap: Melbourne, Australia Australia
- Koh Kradan: A REAL White Sand Beach in Thailand Asia
- North Brooklyn Coffee Shop Roundup New York
- A Spontaneous Trip To Mexico – Gracias, Obamacare! Mexico
- A Year In Australia: What I Spent (& Other Numbers) Annual Recap
- Traveling in Thailand: 6.5 Weeks in Review Asia