Traveling to New York City? Consider escaping Manhattan to stay at a Brooklyn boutique hotel. Here are 5 of the best hotels in Brooklyn.Hotel Le Jolie
Photo via Hotel Le Jolie.
Traveling in California? Consider basing yourself in one of these towns near Los Angeles and San Francisco:Bakersfield
Bakersfield’s tagline is “More to explore!”, which is encouraging to those traveling to California.
Rather than staying in one of California’s major cities, consider basing yourself at one of these smaller cities nearby:Burlingame
Burlingame isn’t a Californian city you hear much about, but it’s a very affordable and convenient place to stay just outside of San Francisco.
San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego are the most famous and biggest cities in California, but this state has plenty of others worth spending time in. What’s more, basing yourself in a smaller city during your California getaway is a great way to save some money on accommodation and food – that’s extra cash you can put toward a sailing outing or other outdoor adventure on the Cali coast!
New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Here are 50 great outdoor adventures in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:Free Outdoor Adventures in NYC
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Borobudur At Sunrise: A Travel Dream Come True Asia
- Sydney Harbour Walk: Hermitage Foreshore Track Australia
- How to Enjoy Greenwich, London Without Spending A Pound England
- How To Stay in Australia Without Marrying An Australian Australia
- Packing For Asia: How’d I Do? Planning
- 5 Cost-Effective Outdoor Activities to Check Out in NYC USA
- Jungle Beach: When Tour Groups Attack Asia
- Siargao For Mermaids: The Best (Aquatic) Outdoor Adventures Asia