I don’t technically have a bucket list, but if I did, boy would hiking the Kalalau Trail in Hawaii have been high up on it. In fact, I planned my recent 12-day stopover in Hawaii around this trek and spent most of that time exploring the garden isle of Kauai.
I don’t know about you, but the trips I take tend to be planned around one particular thing I’ve been aching to see or do. In the case of my 2012 road trip around the Big Island of Hawaii, the one thing I just HAD to do was trek to Waimanu Valley on the Muliwai Trail.
I’ve been thinking back lately to my 2 weeks in Hawaii in 2012 and how incredibly AWESOME that trip was. Hawaii has everything I need to be happy: glorious warm weather, gorgeous scenery, and outdoor adventures out the wazoo.
Sign #642 that you’re not a winter person: Every time a snowstorm hits, you instantly think of warmer times. Of sunset bike rides, picnics in the park, island getaways, sunburnt naps on the beach, tanktops and flip flops.
When your best friend/roommate comes home from work one day and, completely out of sorts, impulsively declares that she wants to book a flight somewhere – you say OKAY, where to?!
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Sydney Street Art: Newtown is Where It’s At! Australia
- Insta-Queensland: Queensland by Instagram Australia
- The 6 Most Beautiful Places In Asia (That I Saw Last Year) Asia
- Nobody Comes To El Nido To Dive, But It’s Still Worth Doing Asia
- San Francisco Coffee Shop Roundup California
- The Best Hotels in NYC USA
- Eureka Skydeck: Melbourne From the 88th Floor Australia
- Koh Kradan: A REAL White Sand Beach in Thailand Asia