I recently wrote a post about how to plan a Kauai road trip – you know, the practical stuff like where to get camping equipment, how to book campsites, and what kind of car to rent.
I recently embarked on my second road trip around the Hawaiian islands. Someday I will write about the epic adventures I had driving around the Big Island back in my pre-blog days (until then, this guide to trekking to Waimanu Valley will have to do).
The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
Oh yeah, this baby’s gonna take some time to load. Go grab a cup of coffee while you’re waiting – I promise it’ll be worth it! Unless you’re on your phone right now, in which case you should bookmark this post and come back to it later when on a proper computer.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- June 2016 Recap: Australia, Thailand, Malaysia Monthly Recap
- All My Favorite ‘C’ Things in Margaret River Australia
- April 2016 Recap: New Zealand & Australia Australia
- How To Plan For The Laugavegur Trail In Iceland Europe
- Where To Find The Best Street Art in Melbourne Australia
- City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia, Spain // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Welcome To India – Let’s Make Out! Asia
- The Down Under Report: Month 7 of 12 Australia