Welp, I think it’s safe to say that the more distracted I get with weekend trips, road trips, and other adventures, the worse I am about blogging and Instagramming and even reading.
I recently wrote a post about how to plan a Kauai road trip – you know, the practical stuff like where to get camping equipment, how to book campsites, and what kind of car to rent.
I recently embarked on my second road trip around the Hawaiian islands. Someday I will write about the epic adventures I had driving around the Big Island back in my pre-blog days (until then, this guide to trekking to Waimanu Valley will have to do).
The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
Oh yeah, this baby’s gonna take some time to load. Go grab a cup of coffee while you’re waiting – I promise it’ll be worth it! Unless you’re on your phone right now, in which case you should bookmark this post and come back to it later when on a proper computer.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Infiorata: Italy’s Flower Carpet Festival Europe
- Sculptures & Fall Foliage At Storm King Art Center New York
- Celebrating Holi in Jaipur, India Asia
- Did I Really Pay $15 to Sit in a Lao Bus’ Luggage Store? Asia
- Two Fantastic Day Hikes on the Amalfi Coast Europe
- Hitting a New Continent: the Colombian Coastline Awaits! Colombia
- Montreal Coffee Shop Roundup Canada
- The Walled, Swedish Town of Visby // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe