The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
I don’t technically have a bucket list, but if I did, boy would hiking the Kalalau Trail in Hawaii have been high up on it. In fact, I planned my recent 12-day stopover in Hawaii around this trek and spent most of that time exploring the garden isle of Kauai.
Oh yeah, this baby’s gonna take some time to load. Go grab a cup of coffee while you’re waiting – I promise it’ll be worth it! Unless you’re on your phone right now, in which case you should bookmark this post and come back to it later when on a proper computer.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- My Chiang Mai Cooking Class Was On A FARM! Asia
- Borobudur At Sunrise: A Travel Dream Come True Asia
- My 13 Favorite Moments In Iceland Europe
- Flamenco in Spain // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Traveling in Vietnam: 3 Weeks in Review Asia
- Canyoneering in Moab with Moab Cliffs and Canyons Climbing
- Upcoming Travel Plans for Summer 2014 Planning
- Recommitting to New York City – and to Happiness Life