Browsing: North America
San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego are the most famous and biggest cities in California, but this state has plenty of others worth spending time in. What’s more, basing yourself in a smaller city during your California getaway is a great way to save some money on accommodation and food – that’s extra cash you can put toward a sailing outing or other outdoor adventure on the Cali coast!
New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Here are 50 great outdoor adventures in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:Free Outdoor Adventures in NYC
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway
Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a NYC hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
In April 2010, aka Month #9 of Funemployment after quitting my first-ever corporate job, I took a spontaneous trip out west, flew into Vegas, rented a car, and roadtripped for a week with my old Brooklyn roommate Lauren.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Tips For Traveling With Others When You’re An Introvert Life
- Chichen Itza // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- A Day In The Life Of An Outback Resort Kitchen Hand Australia
- Insta-Spain: Spain by Instagram Europe
- January 2016 Recap: Melbourne, Australia Australia
- Highlights From A Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight Australia
- $5 Adventures in Siem Reap Asia
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Bondi to Coogee Australia