San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego are the most famous and biggest cities in California, but this state has plenty of others worth spending time in. What’s more, basing yourself in a smaller city during your California getaway is a great way to save some money on accommodation and food – that’s extra cash you can put toward a sailing outing or other outdoor adventure on the Cali coast!
Browsing: North America
New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Here are 50 great outdoor adventures in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:Free Outdoor Adventures in NYC
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway
Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a NYC hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
In April 2010, aka Month #9 of Funemployment after quitting my first-ever corporate job, I took a spontaneous trip out west, flew into Vegas, rented a car, and roadtripped for a week with my old Brooklyn roommate Lauren.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Escaping Sydney for the Kangaroo Valley Countryside Australia
- 10 Years Ago, A Traveler Was Born Inspiration
- Is It Worth Visiting Cinque Terre In Summer? Europe
- Confession: I Don’t Want To Be A Nomad Anymore Life
- All My Favorite ‘C’ Things in Margaret River Australia
- A Sydney Cycling Adventure Around The Northern Beaches Australia
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Bondi to Coogee Australia
- Unleashing My Inner Barista In Melbourne Australia