Browsing: North America
New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Here are 50 great outdoor adventures in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:Free Outdoor Adventures in NYC
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway
Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a NYC hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
In April 2010, aka Month #9 of Funemployment after quitting my first-ever corporate job, I took a spontaneous trip out west, flew into Vegas, rented a car, and roadtripped for a week with my old Brooklyn roommate Lauren.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Local Living in Chiang Mai Asia
- 7 Asian Habits I Can’t Stand Asia
- All My Favorite ‘C’ Things in Margaret River Australia
- Cambridge, England // FLASHBACK FRIDAY England
- Railay, Thailand: A Climber’s Paradise Asia
- Same Ol’ Sydney: Revisiting My Old Stomping Grounds Australia
- Karma Beach: Possibly The Most Beautiful Beach In Bali Asia
- The Big Thing I Learned From Hiking The Overland Track Australia