The Outer Banks (OBX) had always been alluring to me. It’s one of those places that may not have made the *must-see* list, but sat firmly on the *would be really nice to see* list.
Browsing: North America
When your best friend/roommate comes home from work one day and, completely out of sorts, impulsively declares that she wants to book a flight somewhere – you say OKAY, where to?!
This is an OLD photo from 2007, and one I’m not particularly excited about – but it serves to illustrate the story of how I spent 20 minutes at Chichen Itza.
When I first moved to NYC 5.5 years ago, I spent many an evening on the waterfront waiting for the sun to go down so I could photograph the Manhattan skyline at night.
Fun fact: I almost ended up living in Boston after graduating high school; 3 of the 4 universities I applied to were in Boston. I was all too eager to escape small-town Connecticut for city living and was absolutely SET on moving to Boston.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- In Which I Reveal All My Travel Photography Secrets Inspiration
- Trekking in Chiang Mai With Pooh Eco-Trekking Asia
- What Happens Next Inspiration
- The Down Under Report – Month 1 of 12 Australia
- A Carefree Jaunt Through Arches National Park Roadtripping
- Upcoming Travel Plans for Summer 2014 Planning
- 2015 in Review: Australia and The Year of the Nomad Annual Recap
- I Learned (& Loved!) Surfing On Siargao Asia