The ‘Best of Iceland’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took during my 2 weeks there at the end of last summer. Narrowing it down from nearly 3000 images to about 100 was SO DIFFICULT, you don’t even know.
A few months ago, I embarked on an 8-day road trip around all of Iceland. While 8 days does little justice to the natural wonders Iceland has to offer roadtrippers, it’s sufficient time to get a good feel for this incredible country.
Remember that time I hit you with loads of images from the beautiful Laugavegur Trail? I hope you do, and I hope it led you to immediately make up your mind to tackle this Iceland trek someday.
I don’t like getting wet.
It seems like a silly thing for a beach lover and waterfall chaser to say, but there it is. I don’t enjoy swimming for swimming’s sake, but rather to cool off from the heat.
Far be it for me to speak in superlatives, but Iceland’s Laugavegur Trek is the most colorful, diverse, and beautiful hike in existence.
Over the course of 4 days we covered 35 miles from Landmannalaugar to Þórsmörk, many of them taxing uphill or steep downhill bits.
I was perfectly content with the idea of roadtripping, camping, and trekking around Iceland for two weeks – aka “roughing it” on the cheap – but I knew I wanted to splurge on at least ONE uniquely Icelandic activity or attraction.
In a place as stunning as Iceland, it’s not all that difficult to take good photos. The majestic waterfalls, rugged coastline, and vibrant mountains pretty much set the scene up for you – all you have to do is press the shutter and boom.
I’ve gotta be honest: Accommodation usually falls at the bottom of my travel priorities list. Shouldn’t come as a shock to you, since I pretty much write about where I stay, oh, like never.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Kurnell to Cronulla + Botany Bay NP Australia
- I Got Naked On South Molle Island Australia
- Insta-SF: San Francisco by Instagram California
- Annecy, France: The Venice of the Alps // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Visiting Perth? Get Thee To Rottnest Island! Australia
- All The Things I’m Excited For In Melbourne Australia
- Borobudur At Sunrise: A Travel Dream Come True Asia
- 2016: The Year I Inadvertently Tried So Many New Things Annual Recap