Filed under Travel Oopsies: That time I booked one (non-refundable) Airbnb for my entire stay in Crete without realizing it was a 3 hour drive from all of the things I most wanted to see on the island.
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t spend 4 weeks traipsing around the Greek islands on a quest to find the most beautiful beaches Greece has to offer. However, Crete was the one island I visited where I didn’t expect beaches to be a focal point of my experience.
What I learned was that Crete is somewhat of a renaissance man (y’know, if it were an actual human).
I arrived in Greece last July with one very specific mission: to see as many beautiful beaches as possible.
Given that this country is famous for its stunning islands, this was very easily achievable.
Sometimes you build a place up in your mind and then it doesn’t quite measure up when you finally travel there.
Other times, it is exactly as amazing as you dreamed it would be.
Soooooo, in case I haven’t mentioned it yet: I got a drone!
You guys, I never ever thought I’d be a drone owner. I’m typically one of the ones who roll their eyes whenever they hear the buzzing sound overhead.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- That Time I Splurged On A Fancy Hotel (And It SO Wasn’t Worth It!) Asia
- Asia 2013 By The Numbers (and the Dollars) Asia
- How To Move To Bondi Beach Australia
- Bhaktapur’s Durbar Square // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Asia
- Insta-Hawaii: Hawaii By Instagram Hawaii
- Livin’ La Dolce Vita: Sydney Harbour By Sexy Speedboat Australia
- Best of Western Australia – Photo Gallery Australia
- 14 Things I Did Wrong in Asia Asia