Of all the places I’d planned to visit on my 5-month journey through Asia, I was most excited about southern Thailand. I ended up spending nearly 3 weeks there in total, split between several islands and beaches – and I definitely could have spent MUCH more time island hopping there.
Of the 4 weekend days I’ve spent in Bangkok, I’ve gone to the Chatuchak Weekend Market on 3 of them:
- First time – went for a ‘look-see’ to scope things out, sample the snacks, and take note of things I might want to buy next time (the idea being to return after my upcoming jaunt through Southern Thailand, so I wouldn’t have to carry around extra crap for those couple of weeks)
- Second time – went with some boys and didn’t want to drag them along to do some girl shopping
- Third time – went on my own to finally do said shopping!
Turns out, well – very VERY well, as future blog posts will reveal ;)
For starters: I’ve long been harboring this dream of someday experiencing an infinity pool.
Before I even began planning my 2013 Asia trip, I knew about the infamous scams at the Thailand-Cambodia border. Not only that, but I’d heard it was one hell of a journey, requiring several different connections, all of which were subject to scams and other discomforts.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Time I Fainted In Front Of The Omelet Man in Jodhpur Asia
- Desert Adventures in Palm Springs, California // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY California
- Kickin’ it in Colorful Cartagena, Colombia Colombia
- City Cruise-ing under London’s Bridges Boating
- A Perfect Day In Udaipur, India Asia
- Flying Over The Grand Canyon // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Koh Kradan: A REAL White Sand Beach in Thailand Asia
- Tea House Trekking In Nepal Asia