I’d been lusting over El Nido for YEARS before I finally made my way to the Philippines for a month last September. Epic sunsets over limestone karsts and boat trips to hidden lagoons and secret beaches?
I already wrote about learning how to surf on Siargao, but there’s a whole lot more going on at this surf island than just hanging ten on Cloud 9 (see what I did there?).
What kind of sillyhead would allot 8 days of her Philippines trip to one place when there are 7000+ other islands to see?
Probably the kind that loves to travel slowly and doesn’t count countries (seriously, if you asked me how many countries I’ve been to I would have to stop and write them all down – literally haven’t a clue and DGAF).
This isn’t the article I expected to be writing about my trip to Siargao, from my month in the Philippines.
The majority of island-goers are there to surf, and understandably so as Siargao is renowned for its excellent surf conditions and epic Cloud 9.
I know I’m prone to hyperbolic descriptions of most all beaches and islands I’ve written about here, but I need you to believe me when I say that Kalanggaman Island is the most beautiful, magical, heavenly place I’ve ever stepped foot on.
After a frustrating, exhausting, and hassle-fraught voyage to and through the Philippines, I finally landed on the doorstep of Evolution Diving Resort. Little did I know that the trying journey was more than worth it, because I had the most glorious 5 days on Malapascua Island.
I’ve done enough traveling to know what works and what doesn’t for me, and you know what I’ve realized in recent years? The thing that causes me the most stress is getting from A to B.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Surprise! Lake Argyle is Actually Pretty Rad Australia
- Sculptures & Fall Foliage At Storm King Art Center New York
- Canyoneering in Moab with Moab Cliffs and Canyons Climbing
- Walking On Ice With An Iceland Glacier Tour Europe
- Two Fantastic Day Hikes on the Amalfi Coast Europe
- The Sassi of Matera, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Adirondack Train Canada
- Why I Didn’t Do Anything On My 14 Hour Layover In Beijing Asia