Udaipur was my favorite city I visited in India. I had a feeling beforehand that I’d enjoy it, and sure enough – it was the only place I wish I’d had more time in.
Whenever I visit a new city, I like to find a spot where I can take in the view from above. Savitri Temple, perched atop a steep hill, is the prime location to see Pushkar in all its white-washed glory.
India is a challenge in every respect. Getting around the country is just one of many obstacles you must conquer when traveling here. For me, it was a major stress point – particularly when I had 50+ lbs of luggage strapped to my body, and/or was traveling at a very late or very early hour.
Everyone warned me about Indian men.
To which I responded with my trademark eyeroll, “I got this.” I’ve long perfected my Beast Mode and it’s worked flawlessly, thankyouverymuch. I envisioned implementing it in India like this:
- Indian man approaches me for any reason whatsoever?
Welp, I can cross “ride a camel” off my bucket list now! I went on an Indian Camel Safari in Jaisalmer and it was way more enjoyable and less painful than I expected :)
I trekked with a group of 10 or so foreigners into the desert about an hour outside of Jaisalmer.
Let me set the scene for you:
The night I had arrived in Delhi I’d gotten lost, gotten ripped off multiple times, was taken to the wrong hotel by my tuk tuk driver, got stared at by every Indian man within a 10-foot radius while I was eating dinner, and afterwards vomited on the side of the road on my walk back to the hotel.
I was not in the greatest shape when I arrived in Jodhpur. Seriously sleep deprived and fresh off the night train from Jaisalmer, I stumbled into my hotel and practically begged to check into my room early at 6am.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- 2016 in Review: A Year As A Digital Nomad Annual Recap
- Best of Thailand – Photo Gallery Asia
- Trip Planning: Asia 2013 Asia
- August 2016 Recap: Sydney, Australia Australia
- The Great Barrier Reef // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Australia
- Frugal Frolicker Turns 5 Years Old! Administrative
- A Spontaneous Trip To Mexico – Gracias, Obamacare! Mexico
- Dealing With Travel Mishaps On My 2013 Asia Trip Asia