I’ve detailed my many misadventures in India with great candor, but I JUST REALIZED (like, literally 5 minutes before starting this post) that I never wrote about the desert town of Jaisalmer.
It’s been nearly a year now since I returned from my epic Asian journey, having completed my first multi-month solo female travel adventure.
Do I miss life on the perpetual road?
I thought for sure I’d spend my month in India obsessing over the amazing food or the colorful markets. Clearly, neither really did it for me. Instead, I found myself being drawn to archways and doors in India.
If there’s anyone that should be able to handle the exotic foods, navigate the chaos, and ward off the men while traveling in India, it’s me. I pride myself on my stomach of steel, excellent sense of direction and independence, and unfaltering Beast Mode.
I had every intention of taking advantage of all the adventure activities Rishikesh, India has on offer. Rafting, camping, rappelling, hiking, bungee jumping – not to mention, it’s the yoga capital of the WORLD.
You can’t NOT pay a visit to the Taj Mahal if you’re in the north of India.
(Well, I guess that’s not entirely true, since I met multiple people who had skipped it.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Too Many Hobbies, Too Little Focus Life
- 50 Travel Photos Left On The Cutting Room Floor In 2017 Annual Recap
- Postcard From The Taj Mahal Asia
- Yarra Valley Wine Tour: A Melbourne Must-Do Australia
- My 3 Favorite Things In Chiang Mai Asia
- Same Ol’ Sydney: Revisiting My Old Stomping Grounds Australia
- Lady Elliot Island: Best Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef Australia
- Falling Out Of Love With New York Life