I’ve detailed my many misadventures in India with great candor, but I JUST REALIZED (like, literally 5 minutes before starting this post) that I never wrote about the desert town of Jaisalmer.
It’s been nearly a year now since I returned from my epic Asian journey, having completed my first multi-month solo female travel adventure.
Do I miss life on the perpetual road?
I thought for sure I’d spend my month in India obsessing over the amazing food or the colorful markets. Clearly, neither really did it for me. Instead, I found myself being drawn to archways and doors in India.
If there’s anyone that should be able to handle the exotic foods, navigate the chaos, and ward off the men while traveling in India, it’s me. I pride myself on my stomach of steel, excellent sense of direction and independence, and unfaltering Beast Mode.
I had every intention of taking advantage of all the adventure activities Rishikesh, India has on offer. Rafting, camping, rappelling, hiking, bungee jumping – not to mention, it’s the yoga capital of the WORLD.
You can’t NOT pay a visit to the Taj Mahal if you’re in the north of India.
(Well, I guess that’s not entirely true, since I met multiple people who had skipped it.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- I Didn’t Love Bruges, Belgium // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Belgium
- Marvelous Manly: Outdoor Adventures & Beaches Galore Australia
- A Very Melbourne 31st Birthday Australia
- FF Monthly Recap: March & April 2018 Australia
- The Connecticut Shoreline // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- All The Things I’ll Miss From Living On Bondi Beach Australia
- The Best View Of The Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks Australia
- Insta-Hawaii: Hawaii By Instagram Hawaii